What this means is that for those of us who have multiple SIP accounts (I have one a voxalot, one at wengo, and I believe GoogleTalk uses sip now too), we can use a single client to connect to all of them.
It is a damn shame, though, that no decent cross-SIP-network unified phone+IM client exists (although WengoPhone NG (a.k.a. OpenWengo)
The sad bit of this story is that it seems there is no way to actually get your LiveJournal/GizmoProject number which you need without actually installing LJTalk to check it.
Still, if you are feeling very enthusiastic, here are the steps:
- Download and install LJTalk
- Log in using your LiveJournal details
- Choose to 'edit your profile' and read off your number from in there (it will be something like 1-747-555-1212 or somesuch).
- Uninstall LJTalk
- Install your SIP client of choice
- Set up the account with the following details:
Username: The number without the hyphens
Password: your livejournal password
There may be other details I am missing, but using this process I have been able to call between my various accounts, and have some very interesting conversations on philosophy and psychosis.